November and December are is a busy months for the Anchor Club! It seems like everyone needs help during the holiday season.
1. We will be running the concession stand at the basketball games on Tuesday, November 14th and Thursday, November 16th. We will need volunteers to work in concession stand. We will need some adults and students. Let me know if you can help. We keep all the money we make at the concession stand. I will send out more information with times and specific needs.
2. Eatonton Service League is doing their annual toy drive. They said many children ask for a bicycle. I thought we could buy a bicycle and helmet for the Service League.
3. In addition, I have a big box we are going to put out in the lower school for donations for Toys for Tots.
4. We have been asked to spear head the drive to help Gatewood sponsor a Snowflake light for downtown. We have asked each Gatewood Student to donate a minimum of $1 each.
5. Samaritan’s Purse Shoe Box Project. Everyone should stop by my room and pick up a flyer. It will have instructions about what can and can not be included in the shoe boxes. This is always a popular project. Everyone should make at least 1 shoe box. The due date for these Will be next Friday, November 17th so they can be delivered to the donation site. It could not be later since the following week we are out on Thanksgiving holidays.
6. We will be adopting a family for Thanksgiving this year. We will need a committee to decide how we will accomplish this project. Do we want to make the dishes our self to take to the family, purchase it from a local store, or have it catered? If you want to work on this project let me know.
7. We will also adopt at least 2 families with children for Christmas. To fund this project we sell raffle tickets for a $500 cash raffle.Each Anchor member will need to sell a minimum or 15, $5.00 tickets. We will use this money to buy gifts for the families we adopt. During the week of finals we will go shopping one afternoon then return to school to wrap the gifts for deliver. Members seem to really enjoy this project.
8. Pilot Club Nursing Home Shopping Spree. The Pilot Club always ask us to help out at the nursing home that evening. We help the residents shop, help wrap, etc… This is a rewarding activity and the Pilot Club is very appreciative of our help. As soon as I get the date I will forward it to everyone.
I know this is a lot of stuff but I know we can do it! Our school and community often ask for our help because they know we always deliver!